2011-05-12

My God is Awesome!!! Update from Umar

Glory to God in the highest!!! It is with joy that I write to inform you that I have been discharged from the hospital the second time. Now my wife drives me to the hospital daily for dressing.

As you are aware, is now six months since I fall sick with diabetes and threat of amputation. But in answers to prayers, my diabetes is now under control (usually the reading is mostly 89 to 110). As if that is not enough, the threat of amputating my leg is no longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, God still has some work for the two legs. I am deeply grateful.

My wound is almost completely healed and about ready for grafting perhaps in few weeks the Lord willing. Likewise, the external fixtures on my leg meant for the fracture I sustained, is now on its tenth week and should be remove in the next three weeks (I can’t wait).

Needless to say, staying in private hospital for this long has been very expensive. Can you believe, for these six months (December 25 to May 7) we were given a bill of ($9,000) nine thousand dollars. And in God’s mercy He laid it on the heart of my church leaders to set aside a Sunday when second offering was collected to offset the bill. The second offering was generously collected in about 48 churches and as God will have it close to seven thousand dollars was realized ($7,000). However, I still need to see a vascular surgeon at some point, who will check my leg to ensure there is a good blood flow. If not, I may still need a surgery in the future.

Moreover, our four children have all gone back to school after their holiday. My wife and I were actually wondering how to pay their school fees when elders of church said “we have taking care of that”. How gracious and thoughtful of them.

Finally, a physiotherapist is helping learn how to walk. The process is painful, so am very slow. But guess what?! I am determined to take the bull by the horn and walk to the church, take up the pulpit and preach this Sunday on a sitting position.

God is good all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your prayers and friendship. Will love to hear from you when you get a chance. And please thank God for giving me my wife, she is a treasure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment